Monday, December 13, 2010

Finally appreciated!

Last week I was told a chinese teacher who the school was interesting in hiring for next year would be teaching one of my classes.  At first I was really excited to spend less time with 11th graders but then I got a little upset, what if I wanted to teach again?  I know I can make 2-10 times as much as I do working at another international school but it would be so easy to teach the same thing again.  Even with all the complaints I make about teaching I know that it gets exponentially easier every year.

Well the guy taught today and I sat in the back of the room with four other teachers/administrators.  I thought it was ok, just a little nervous but my students hated him!  They were very vocal about that before the guy even left the room.  I was  starting to think their hate for math spread to hating me but students hugged me and begged me not to leave :)

I don't suck as much as I thought.

Well Katherine Collins is on her way here, and its a Monday so you know where we'll be :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I'm so glad to hear that your appreciated. Btw,I love Hong Kong and you were right about the shopping. Thank you for the recommendations.It was great seeing you the other night.See you for New Year!=D

    ReplyDelete