Saturday, December 18, 2010

Baking with anorexics and Americans

Last Thursday I helped Jenny with her baking elective class.  For some reason (dance rehersal probably) most of the students didn't show and it was just me Jenny and three of my favorite 11th grade girls.  One Japanese girl was saying how a 10th grader is so sexy and so she was on a diet where she can't eat anything so she can look like the other girl.  BAD IDEA.  First of all this girl is tinyyyyyyy and the other one is just gross looking.  We easily convinced her to have some cookies and she gobbled down a bunch.  I hope she is that easily convinced to have dinner!

So I spent the rest of my week/weekend cooking and baking with my classmates Samantha and Leila.  Both nights ended in eating glutinous amount of food (pasta, rice, eggs, chicken and more veggies than I ate in months!) and me crashing on their couch.  Its just too cold to ride the metro and I lost my metro card AGAIN.  Sam and Leila tell me they like it when I stay because I help them cook delicious food and I clean up after myself (DUH THATS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO DO.  I don't know why so many people here have a problem cleaning up their own messes).  So my friends call me their aiyi which is the chinese way to address a domestic helper. They used to have two Phillipina aiyis come and cook and clean for them once a week but on Saturday these women did not show up.  Therefore, I became aiyi.  We also watched a bunch of Christmas movies and spent hours making Christmas plans.

OH AND I FINISHED MY COURSEWORK!  Two semesters down one to go!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment