Monday, November 29, 2010

There is a mole in my office :(

I have never shown a movie for more than three minutes in class but teaching a double period of ESL has gotten tough since my star students left. After midterms, the students who scored well got moved to English section and now I am stuck with the kids who really couldn't care less.

I can't talk to myself for 80 minutes so I decided we were going to watch a movie. I came across a real gem, The Magic School Bus Goes Inside Earth which was perfect because we were learning about geology!

I couldn't upload the whole video because I am in China and god knows that would have taken almost a year to load and no one would watch it anyways but here is a preview to bring back memories.


Anyways, the plan failed because THERE IS A MOLE. Someone in this office is out to get me. Right before my class starts my supervisor comes in and asks if I have an extra chair. Yes, that was her way of letting me know she would be observing my class. So I faced a decision, play 40 minutes of the magic school bus or make an imprumptu lesson. Call me a baby but considering I am suppose to ask for her permission before playing any movies, I decided to teach. It was awful. I had to send kids to detention and they wouldn't leave! They also wouldn't answer ANY of my questions. On my own part, I didn't have any hand outs, a presentation, or any idea what I was doing. I haven't heard her comments yet but I'm pisseddddddd. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment