Friday, November 12, 2010

How to NOT by plane tickets part 2

Greeting from Chongqing!  I tried to make last minute plans but I am not in Shanghai due to

4. Don't try to buy a ticket within 24 hours of a flight
... that is unless you have a Chinese bank card.  OH WAIT, I DO! Only my bank card has no expiration date, no security code, and doesn't even have my name on it!  Basically, my employer can put money in the account but it extremely difficult to take money out.

So, when I tried to book a ticket back to Shanghai, I was denied.

Much to my dislike, flying in China is not cheap. The paradox is China is known for being cheap.  Paying more gives me the mental security that my plane will not fall to the grown minutes after take off (knock on wod knock on wood) and I get a chinese fast food meal on every flight. My POL 213 teacher informed me that all US airlines used to offer more luxuries, at a higher price, until dereguglation and increase competition in the 1970s.  As a semi-communist country, competition is limited to a few industries private domestic airlines have just recently been established in China. However I would like to know when I pay more I ACTUALLY HAVE A TICKET.

No comments:

Post a Comment