Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Life goals and reasons not to lie to your boss

Today I completed Life Goal #1 by going to the American Citizen Services Consulate to get more passport pages!!!  I specify, Citizen Service, because despite being in a high-end mall with Burberry, Dior, and Channel, the office itself was kinda grungy. I hope that the actual consulate is nicer.

You have to schedule an appointment for more pages and they are only open Monday thru Friday until 3pm.  So, I had to leave work early and I am glad I asked my boss about it because as I walk in the office, guess who had the other 3pm appointment... my boss! 

One of my roommates/coworkers who I liked to call Piece of Shit, but his mother calls him Michael, has the habit of making up lies to leave work early. This really isn't necessary.  Last week I asked to leave to go shopping and was given permission.  Ask and you shall receive.

Anyways about these life goals; there are three.
  1.  Fill a passport (technically I am still half a page away but with my recently purchased tickets to Korea and Japan I think we can cross this bad boy off the list)
  2. Become trilingual in English, Spanish and Chinese
  3. Run a marathon half-marathon (I wanted to be realistic) 
 Now that I am a grown adult of 22 years (har har harrr), I decided to revisit these goals.
  1. Get a DIPLOMAT passport (second time is the charm foreign service officer test!)
  2. Become trilingual in English, Spanish, and some language that isn't impossible to learn- Chinese is just too difficult
  3. Run a marathon (There is a group of us with plans to run a half marathon ON THE GREAT WALL and it is just too soon to start crossing off life goals!)
Perhaps I will have a family too but that doesn't concern me much now.  For now I will concentrate on mind (languages), body (running) and soul (traveling is my one love).

Buena suerte!

No comments:

Post a Comment