Saturday, June 25, 2011

Taking the long way home

The China days are almost over!  For me at least. My travel partner in love Kate is coming back to study Chinese full time next year.  Kate and I were such good travel buddies in Korea and Japan in the winter that we decided to do another trip.

After making the 224 hours 8,000 mile trip between China and New York twice this month, I decided I never want to do it again.  So, Kate and I will be taking the long way home... through Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, France and Holland... oh and possibly Spain and Germany.

Since Kate has a wedding to go home for, the trip is going to go a lot faster than either of us would like. However, it is impressively planned.  Since I had really NOTHING to do since I got back to China (seniors graduated, I taught about 1.25 classes a day----- whyyyyyyyyyyyyy did I returnnnnnnn!?) I spent time asking Kate nagging questions and booking buses, trains, planes, and hostel.  Yep, we have a place to stay and a way to get to EVERY stop.  We also have an amazing black binder that CANNOT get stolen (or else we will be lost and very confused). 

So my epic postcard club and haikus from around the world may start up again.  Message me your address if you love my poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment