Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sister Hermana!

I kinda of feel like my life is the show Sister Sister. 90s Flashback.  Tia and Tamara. Twins separated at birth and adopted.  I feel like I am at the point where they get back together and join families.

Here I am, in Spain, at Alma's family's home, without her while she is London.  All because I hung out with her for a week six years ago.  I only know her from those seven days but somehow the four days we spent in Malaga made me feel like we knew each other much better. She's smart, GORGEOUS and a person I am very lucky to have as a friend.

Alma's family is absolutely incredible too.  Her mother IS my mother.  She is always offering me food, chatting and they have the same mannerisms which is FREAKY.  For some reason I have a very hard time understanding her father.  Spaniards speak with a lisp and his is very heavy.  I suppose a Spaniard would say he has a nice voice but it does me no good.  Together they are much cooler than my parents because they travel.  They've been to ALASKA, Chile, Jordan, Kenya, Japan, Vietnam--- all over!  Maybe they aren't my parents but they are the future ME.  I just need to find a man with a big lisp and a passport.

I also met her older sister Laura who has the  most adorable two year old daughter.  Honestly, most kids, especially around that age, I find boring and repulsive but this girl is perfect. She has a brother/sister on the way which only means one thing--- I need to go back to Spain!

I don't feel weird at all hanging out with Alma's family while she is in London.  I am only here a few days then I will drive to Valencia with her parents and pick up Alma at the airport.  Then I will stay with her for a few days and off to Munich for Oktoberfest.  Alma was going to go but flights got expensive and London was costing her a pretty penny. 

We made this tentative plan that she will come to the states to work when she graduates and if we speak Spanish at home then I can move to Spain to work a year or two later.  Whatever happens it is really nice to know I have family on two continents!
My Spanish mommy (and my traveler's acne)

No comments:

Post a Comment